Friday, September 14, 2012

upgrade details...



Its my beloved E21. Iberscrott - Spanish red, with a custom 3.0 liter m20 swap in the works, including chromed intake manifold, ZF quick ratio steering rack, dogleg tranny, shaved engine bay, and BBS RMs...

Haven't updated due to fact that the engine is shaved and the brake lines are being made. Engine bay is repainted with the new South Bend Stage 2 clutch, lightened flywheel, dog leg tranny, mated to the 3.0 liter M20. So the hard part of the swap is over. You will see videos when its all together. The E30 intake manifold has been chromed .

I am running all Jesse's bushings, redone control arms, all New Quick Ratio ZF rack, and all new tie rods. A shaved bay means all the wiring harness and fuse box has been removed and relocated, as well as tucked brake lines....for a cleaner look.

Ah. I re-routed my wiring harness for that reason, so that it comes up from under the intake manifold. I have a thing for old British cars like MGB's and especially the TR6- those engine bays could use some 'shaving'. wires flying around everywhere from one side of the engine to the other...

John, I also removed the CIS injection system, and the expansion bottle. Wait till you see it finished with the fat BBS RMs that I built, and the standalone engine management system...

No comments:

Post a Comment