Monday, June 14, 2010

the new passenger fender i need . . .


these are the pictures that were sent to me from someone on the bimmerforums . . . bionicbelly is his handle . . . he emailed me at 9:12PM and the fender looks decent . . . here is what he posted at 10:16PM after sending me the email with the shipping information and the pictures . . .

Funny story...
I worked on getting good sheet metal, trans, front sub-frame etc. off the car today. Got quite a few things done, My brother in law started working on it after I left (he bought my old e21) and while using the torch to get some bolts cut out, he torched the car! I guess the grass caught on fire, which caught the grease/oil under the car on fire, then the tires started on fire. A quick call to 911 took care of the problem though.
It occured to me, after talking to him, that had I known he would be using the torch, I probably would not have used starting fluid to kill the nest of wasps that lived in the car. Ya know, just as a precautionary measure.

Anyway, I am just going to take the whole smoking pile to the salvage yard, and if you did paypal money to me, you have received a refund.




No comments:

Post a Comment